#6: Reverse Diabetes & Activate Self-Healing
Diabetes is a health concern that a lot of people deal with today. Did you know that it can actually be reversed?
A research published in 2020 estimated that 462 million individuals are affected by type 2 diabetes, corresponding to 6.28% of the world's population. Imagine if we could completely change these statistics? It is possible.
In this episode, we will look into simple things that you can do every day that can make a big impact on your health to prevent and overall manage this condition.
If you are genetically at risk of diabetes, feel stuck in a lifestyle that may lead to it, or are currently battling diabetes, I am inviting you to listen to this podcast where I am joined by Karin Yehling. With the right mindset and commitment, this light and information-filled discussion can help you listen to your body and direct you to activate your self-healing abilities.
Karin shares her Diabetes journey from her symptoms up to her discovery of different holistic healing insights, lifestyle changes, and how she reversed her Diabetes.
Karin Yehling is a certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, Nutrition Coach, and Personal Trainer. She works with people on the Type 2 Diabetes continuum to help them prevent, reverse or control their diabetes through permanent dietary and lifestyle changes. Having reversed Type 2 diabetes in herself, Karin wants others to know that reversal is possible. She does this through her online group coaching program, called T2 Diabetes Warriors. This allows her to help more people reach their health goals while they get support from their fellow warriors.
Karin and I will dive deeper into this widespread health issue and we’ll share small - doable changes that you can apply to your routine today to jumpstart your road to a healthier, happier life!
✨What you can learn from this episode:
04:30 - How our bodies constantly change
05:30 - Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
10:00 - What is Intuitive Eating?
11:45 - How can Type 2 Diabetes be reversed?
18:15 - Different people have different needs
19:10 - How Visceral Manipulation can help
21:15 - 3 practical tips to improve your health
✨Wisdom and healing points to live by:
- “We check everything else in the world, we check everybody else around us, but we forget to check-in with ourselves” ~ Ana Marinho
- "Fasting is a way to let your organs rest and give your organs the chance to heal" ~ Karin Yehling
- “We can turn on and turn off genes based on our actions” ~ Ana Marinho
- "The body is not designed to be seating all day" ~ Ana Marinho
- "Keep adding small baby steps and it's gonna make a big difference in the long run" ~ Karin Yehling
💫Links mentioned in this episode:
- FREE "Food Is Medicine Cookbook" packed with delicious and diabetes-friendly recipes 🎁
- Karin Yehling’s website
- Learn more about Visceral Manipulation