#9: How To Avoid Spiritual Bypassing?
There is so much happening around us and a lot of my clients ask me: How can we stay positive amidst the negativity and chaos happening in the world today?
I know a lot of teachings that tell us to be positive all the time no matter what- while I am a firm believer of this, what happens to most of us is that we develop an inner guilt just from feeling what we are feeling. Then we pretend to be okay, when deep down we are not really okay- that is NOT OKAY. That can cause what we call: Spiritual Bypassing.
If you are going through this kind of situation and would like to know how we can honor our feelings AND bring positivity without feeling guilty? Then, this episode is for you!
To heal our body, mind, and soul, we need to honor our feelings. Do you want to learn how we can balance having a positive mindset AND also feel our feelings?
Join me as we discuss the "need to constantly be positive" and how this mentality can create problems and even spiritual bypassing.
✨What you can learn from this episode:
- Should we be pretending to be positive when we are not?
- What is spiritual bypassing?
- Three steps to healing from situations that generate a lot of emotions within us
- How to deal with negative feelings and releasing them in a healthy way
- How to bring in “health” positivity to yourself and to your body, in your circumstance
✨Wisdom and healing points to live by:
- “Dealing with the shadows, honoring our feelings, and feeling our feelings is absolutely a part of healing.” ~ Ana Marinho
- “Pause and acknowledge how we are feeling - we can’t heal ourselves if we can’t acknowledge what we are feeling.” ~ Ana Marinho
- “Those negative feelings that you are experiencing are okay. It is part of being human.” ~ Ana Marinho
- “When we push down negative feelings, we create wounds.” ~ Ana Marinho
💫Links mentioned in this episode:
🌷 More on this topic:
→ Podcast: How to Harness the Power of the Mind
→ Meditation: Empower Yourself
→ Podcast: The Bracelet Technique: Creating New Habits Through Neuroplasticity